Hockey
Mind Chaos
2008
The CD starts with a bang. “Too Fake” has a quick rhythm and an explosive chorus. Like most songs on the CD, the lyrics are poetic and profound (in my opinion): “Look out, cause I’m just too fake for the world.” The main beat of the rhythm sounds electronic. The song seems to be dissing fame. The next song, “3 AM Spanish”, is just as fast, but more vocal and uneven, though that suits its style. The vocals are fast and sound like rap in some parts. There are more profound lyrics: “I made the money but the money made me.” It seems to be telling a story about going out, meeting someone, getting rejected, in Spain? Whatever it’s about it sounds fun.

They slow down just a bit for the next song, “Curse this City”. It seems to be a reaction to a bad big-city experience. There’s more profundity: “Before it even knew me, it forgot me!” The city in question seems to be New York since they mention “From the Hudson to the Rhine” and they “Manhattan Skybridge”. The sound is hard, almost bluesy, but at the end the sound softens and it sounds almost like a fast folk song or even a spiritual. It’s a little more positive: “I’m gonna love this city if it only helps me shine.” The next song is also not as fast as the first two and has a prominent funky beat. It’s the song I find most relatable: “Work”. The chorus goes “Work work work, too much work for me”. The repeating of the word “work” three times makes the work seem even harder. Well, it is more work to say it three times. Now that’s how many times we say it when we have too much work work work.

Myspace | Tester (pass: joesantos - [abre com powerarchiver]) | Video: Too Fake

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.